a Rafflecopter giveaway
Congratulations Lindsey, Dandi, and Smitha. Visit AMRAP Nutrition , pick a flavor and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your flavor choice and your shipping info and I will send it over to the awesome AMRAP people to have it shipped. EASY PEASY!
Thanks again SweatPink and AMRAP Nutrition for the awesome review and giveaway.
Ok so now to the freak out part...
So we are 11 days from the Augusta Ironman 70.3. Although I am pretty prepared for the swim, I am still a little nervous. Why? Here are a few reasons...
1. I have only done 1 open water swim in this training period and although it went OK and I didn't freak out or anything in the water, I still figures out that I had a LOT to work on.
2. The wetsuit! I had a wetsuit that got lifted at the gym by someone I guess that needed it more than I did.Yeah, I hate a thief, so I am going to pretend they NEEDED it more than me. SOOOOO, I put out a S.O.S. on the Augusta Ironman facebook page needing a suit cheap, and WOW the response was great. The awesome David came to my rescue and now I am the proud owner of a NeoSport NRG sleeveless wetsuit.
Yeah it is different then my ORCA suit. Mainly because it is a mens fit. It actually fits me better lengthwise. I don't feel like it is pulling my neck so much.
I had my first swim in the pool yesterday with this suit and it went well. It was just HOT! However you do swim better and faster in them, so I guess Ill take it:)
3. So THEN Sunday this happens...
Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- The Augusta Fire Department and Augusta Richmond County EMA has released a "Do Not Swim Order" for the Savannah River.
Officials said swimmers training for a triathlon entered an area of water on Sunday contaminated with an oil substance.
The Augusta Fire Department Water Rescue team was able to trace the substance from the mills area down to the Boathouse.
An inspector with the Georgia Environmental Protection Division has gotten samples from the river for testing, officials said.
At this time, officials said it is not clear what caused the oily substance or how long it has been in the river.
No one is allowed to swim or enter the Savannah River until further notice.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! yep 13 days out from a HUGE swim in this river, they close it. As of right now, its still not open. However the awesome "river people" are watching it closely and say the race will go on and we will swim. Thank goodness!
THENNNNNN as if that wasn't bad enough, this story comes out...
Monday, Sept. 15, 2014
AUGUSTA, Ga. (WRDW) -- An Augusta firefighter is lucky to have his leg after an off-duty rescue leaves him with flesh-eating bacteria.
Holy Moly! I wonder sometimes if things like this happen to events like an IRONMAN to test the will of the athletes. Or maybe give them a heart attack. Who knows!
4. Driving 6 hours by myself :( Yeah that's more in the this sucks category than the freak out category.
5. And last but not least, these creatures...
HAHAHAHAHA! Just kidding! I am not worried about the gators. With 2000+ people all jumping in the water for 2 straight hours will keep them away! They are more scared of us than we are of them.
I am hoping that all of the nerves will lift once we actually get there and can check out the river and the race course. I hope you guys follow us as we venture into the world of the IRONMAN RELAY!
Stay tuned for some of my favorite things about training for this race.
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST WORRY BEFORE RACING?